Friday, October 24, 2008

A Full Brain

I have been busy learning this week. On Tuesday my friend, S, and I headed to Grand Island for a technology conference. It is always fun traveling and visiting with S. So, that was good. And, the conference was great, it really was! We left Grand Island on Wednesday just as the storm was coming in...it had been raining for two days, and was now sleet, snow and wind, with the rain. I got out to get gas and OMG what a time. Besides the weather, I slid in the school credit card, and after three tries, had to go in and see the clerk. I think it was too cold to work right. Well, anyway, I took my frozen wet body inside and she reset the pump, and out I went again. I still had loads of trouble getting that stupid pump to work. By the time I got the gas in, I was a frozen, wet mess. But, we did finally get gas. Then I got a hot cappucino in there to warm up which tasted horrible. So, I was not happy with that gas station! We made it home fine, the weather cleared along the way except for the hurricane type wind. Then, Thursday I had a "data quality" conference in Scottsbluff, with R, from work. It was also a really great conference. So, I learned a lot this week and accomplished not too much at work. We have today off for fall break. I thought about going to work, but, hey, I'm tired and I WANT fall break!

1 Comments:

Tina said...

Don't go in! It will all be there when you go back in on a REGULAR work day!