Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Yikes

Yikes, it must be that busy time of the year? I haven't blogged for a few days. We took a quick trip to Wyoming over the weekend, where we celebrates my mom's birthday. It was so wonderful spending time with family there. Happy Birthday to my mom....her birthday was Monday, but we celebrated with her on Saturday. Then, I got to go to church with her on Sunday morning, which I always enjoy. It was special sharing that with my daughter, Tina, as well.

On Sunday, we spent the day helping John's mom make tamales for Christmas. It is a big job, and there were a few of us there, spreading masa and filling tamales with meat. Then, they steamed for over two hours before we could taste them. Let me tell you, they were yummy. It's quite a chore, we made 296 of them!

It was fun sharing that with two of my sisters in law, some nieces, my daughter and my mom in law. Hubby helped too! It's quite an experience, and fun to share memories while we were busy.

This week has been spent getting ready for Christmas, final things like a little baking, a little cleaning, a little getting dinner ready in advance. We look forward to company today. It will be special having as many of our family here as can be. We will miss the others greatly.

Have a wonderful, blessed Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Tina said...

I see in the picture that the "tails" are tied down. I still think my fold is better! ha!