Monday, February 23, 2015

Spring Cleaning?

When I was growing up, my mom always did spring cleaning...every room got cleaned thoroughly
from top to bottom, cupboards, closets, etc.   I used to do this, even though not as good as she ever did.  I remember her telling stories about grandma flipping mattresses, taking stuff outside and airing it out, etc.  I know my mom washes walls, and cleans everything!   I feel like I need to do more of this, and certainly de-clutter.   I have a hard time getting rid of things.   I have gotten rid of 4 bags of clothes from my closets over the past 2 months, and so I'm trying...this weekend, I decided I needed to get more space for my fiesta ware, which led me to cleaning and reorganizing several kitchen cupboards.   I felt good, got rid of some things, organized those cupboards that hold treasures we either use only for a holiday or never, and I felt accomplished.   However, my husband said "what did you do all day?"   Ha...guess those are things he would never notice.  I also scrubbed the baseboard in the bathroom, and did more things like that.   However, I have only made a dent.  I need to finish the rest of the kitchen cupboards.  I opened up the coat closet, and wow...I really need to dive into that.

Sometime soon.... 

:0)

0 Comments: