Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Beauty

Hello. Last week, Brooklyn and I rode through the local "Iris Patch". Let me tell you , these acres of Iris are just awesome. They are beautiful and fragrant.

I hadn't been through this at all, even though it has been in our area for years.

The owner used to grow and sell trees. Years ago, we bought some really nice trees from him. Then he started growing hybrid Iris. He sells to companies all over the world.


This variety to my left was my favorite. I am sorry it is a little blurry as I took the photo on the fly on my bicycle.






I thought I would try to capture this ... industry vs beauty. I didn't get focused well enough to capture what I wanted with the BNSF train crossing in the close background to the beautiful Irises.









Brooklyn thought they smelled so beautiful...like bananas????







Of course, he had to pose for one photo. Unfortunately, the iris are about done for this season. We were lucky to have several bike rides through before this week, and enjoy the beauty and aroma.


For more information on this place, go to: http://www.bluejiris.com. Enjoy!

0 Comments: