Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just sayin'


Hello.  Hope all is well with everyone!   

I  will have to post some new pics of the grandbabies.   They are growing and changing so fast!    I was able to see all 3 of the littlest ones this weekend, so I was very blessed.

On another note, a good friend contacted me that she was going to the movies tonight, if I wanted to meet her and some other there...to see Les Miserables.   OMG, I wanted to go, but hubby had talked about going so I was going to pass. 

But, then, he said, you should go ahead......so YAY, I went to the movies, and I loved, loved, loved it.  

Les Mis has always had a place in my heart since my son sang one of the songs in high school, "Bring Him Home", and really, he did a great job with it.   He later sang it at his grandathers' funeral, changing some words.   I have the tape, and it gives me chills.    We also saw the musical in NYC when we were there.  

Recently I watched the original movie that was filmed in 1935 just recently as well.  It is not a musical.  

Lastly, I am reading the book now on my iPad.  

I guess you could say it is one of my favs.  I highly recommend the movie...it was very good.

Just sayin'

1 Comments:

Mac Lover said...

I am so so so so glad we went tonight to the movies! I am like you, Les Mis has always had a special place in my "music loves"!!

When the kids did the dinner theater and some sang those solos, it was really awesome! Some of my "FAVORITE" memories! I have nothing to compare the movie musical to, since I was a Les Mis virgin until tonight, but now I want to see the stage play! I have never read the book, but only the synopsis on the Internet before the movie. I want to look at that synopsis again now that I have seen the movie.

I hope Erin goes to see it. I KNOW she will love it! Very powerful!

I can only imagine how much Justin's song meant to your family at his grandfather's funeral. I LOVED to hear Justin sing in HS!! His voice is beautiful!

Sleep well....I am still wide awake! But I don't have to get up as early as you do! Hopefully I will wind down soon...there are several good movies coming to town, so "get ready"! I am in movie heaven now and being a calving widow, I have plenty of time! ha ha!