Monday, November 11, 2013

Unexpected Conversations


This morning as I dropped off Elijah (my 2.5 year old grandson) at pre-school, his teacher told me how she enjoyed watching me with Alexis (my 1.5 year old granddaughter, his sister) in church on Saturday morning.  Neither one of usually attend 8 am mass, so what a coincidence!

We talked a bit, and she told me how she enjoyed meeting and talking with Crystal (our adopted daughter, the kiddos' above mom) over conferences.  She was telling me how Crystal filled her in on her life, and how grateful she was to us as her parents.  She reminded me of how much Crystal loved us.   It was an unexpected conversation, and just made the tears come to my eyes.  She told me that Crystal was blessed to have us, and that Crystal appreciated everything her family has done.   She went on to say, "but you were blessed as well."   

I have to agree.   We have been blessed in many ways. 

Proof that the outcome is worth the struggle...and love will overcome!!!


1 Comments:

joanne said...

how sweet. a win-win for everyone!