Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Day in the Life...


Wow, this was a day....

I have tried to go to work with a good attitude, and have been feeling better overall due to making some changes in my emotional and physical health.  I am a work in progress.

Today I let my emotions overtake me during and after a meeting at work.  I was sooooo frustrated I wanted to scream.   But I maintained.  I did try to speak up for myself at a point that I needed to, and I feel this is a substantial step for me.

It's not easy to have a back bone.   I am more comfortable with no confrontations, just taking in whatever happens.  I have always wanted everyone to like me.  I have always wanted everyone to be happy.  However, it is not my duty to save the world.   I can only hope that I make a difference to someone every day.   In a good way.   Like I said, a work in progress....



2 Comments:

joanne said...

we are a lot alike that way. Always a people pleaser even at my own expense. Always striving to maintain the peace because I can't deal with confrontation. It takes a toll and took me a long time to change. You touched my life today, you made me smile. Keep it up, your metamorphosis will be complete soon!

Joanie said...

Thanks, Joanne...I needed that!