Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Habits...

We all know it takes a lot (they say 21 days at least) to change a habit.   What if you have said something the same way for a great many years?  Then, does that change the magical 21 day theory?

At mass, I have been struggling with the changes in responses.   I finally spoke up to the gal next to me this past weekend and said "Wow, I just cannot seem to follow and change what I am saying".  She laughs and says, she can't even "nail" the first one...which was:

"The Lord  be with you
And with your spirit..."


For as long as I can remember, it has been "The Lord be with you.  And also with You."

It just flows out naturally.   I am not real sure why the changes, but there are a few, and most of us are stammering around, or just still saying all of our old, natural repsonses.

Just sayin'...

3 Comments:

joanne said...

I've said "and also with you" all of my life so there's no way I could change it...why change it anyway? Makes no sense to me unless they are trying to see if we are paying attention!

Mental P Mama said...

Ohhh. We don't have that change yet. Thank goodness!

Tina said...

What?!!??! When did they do that? I like it but yah, not an easy change.